The EnDuraLast starter has 70% to 140% more cranking torque than a new Bosch
20% less amperage draw. Your new EnDuraLast starter will provide
years of reliable service due to itís efficient modern technology and design
producing the increased power rating. The key features are:
- Magnet retention includes spring clips to ensure magnets do not become loose.
- New technology provides lighter (6.5 pounds) starter motor with 70 % higher output than the old Bosch design.
- More efficient high strength permanent magnets that replace conventional field coils, requiring less amperage to turn the starter over.This allows the battery to provide increased voltage and amperage to the ignition system resulting in faster rpm turnovers and quicker starts with less amp draw on the battery.
- Will operate where other imitation conversion starters will not due to the Denso gear-reduction starter design having a large solenoid with sliding drive-gear assembly designed for automotive applications with large battery reserves.
- Features a low-voltage solenoid "pull-in" requirement.
- Permanent magnet style starter will also retrofit older Bosch field coil starters (0.7 Kw).
- This starter is application-designed for small batteries.
This aftermarket replacement starter
is a quality product manufactured to Original Equipment Specifications. The
EnDuraLast warranty is for 24 months, with the repair or replacement of the
We do not sell any service repair parts for the BMW-STR1; only for VALEO starters
made by VALEO.
However, if you do require service repair parts, Euro MotoElectrics provides a complete range of original equipment VALEO components to maintain your starterís brand-new performance.
We also carry new BOSCH starter maintenance and repair parts such as brushes, brush springs, bushings, solenoids, drives, field coils and armatures
The following table presents some IMPORTANT starter application information regarding the fitment
and function of the starter system:
IMPORTANT: Ensure you are installing the starter with the correct
# of gear teeth on the starter drive to match the model year and ring gear
installed on the engine.
If the incorrect starter is installed it will damage the new starter and / or
the ring gear !
For applications 1970-1976 with 8-Tooth Drive Gear Pinion / 111-Tooth Ring Gear, refer to Part # BMW-VAL1M (Valeo) or BMW-STR1M (EnDuraLast)
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ENDURALAST STARTER - BMW R Model 247
- Remove the old
starter; If it is a Bosch starter you will NOT need the rear support bracket replaced for the EnDuraLast starter. (The Bosch starter weighs 10
pounds and the EnDuraLast starter weighs 6.5 pounds.)
- The Bosch starterís
steel drive end bracket is
not threaded and requires a bolt
and nut combination for mounting.
- The EnDuraLast
starterís aluminum drive end bracket is
threaded; the original
bolts can be used for the EnDuraLast starter mounting, however
the bolt entry (from the original) is required.
- When inserting the starter, do not insert it from the top of the engine, rather slide it in from behind the engine housing.
- After carefully
tightening the bolts
(do not over-tighten, this is aluminum),
replacement of the original nuts on the opposite side is optional.
How To Bench Test Your Starter
Starter Motor Removal - Courtesy Brook Reams